Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Tomato Spice Cupcakes

I know what you're thinking...gross! But they were really good. My mother-in-law gave me a cookbook from her church and this was one of the recipes in it. It sounded so weird that I had to try it and they were actually really good. The kids loved them. Here's the recipe if you want to give it a try...

1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 can tomato soup, yes, tomato soup!
2 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg*
1 tsp cloves*
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder

*I used 1/2 tsp of these when I made these for the kids so they weren't too spicey

For frosting

1, 8 oz package cream cheese
1 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Cream melted butter and sugar. Add soup directly from can and beat until blended. Sift dry ingredients and add until just blended. Bake 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes or until done. Makes 12 to 14 cupcakes.
Mix icing ingredients until creamy. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

katy elliott said...

those sound interesting!