Friday, May 28, 2010

Shade Garden and Birthday Splurge


This is Lady's Mantle that I planted in my garden a long time ago and I think it is absolutely beautiful. I love the chartreuse color of the blooms.

This is a miniature goat's bead. I love how the plant is so compact and the leaves are truely minature versions of the original plant.

Here is a wide shot of the garden. I had to do some rearranging this spring because some Hostas I had got way too huge and were taking over. I planted some foam flowers to fill in some of the spaces.

Here is my birthday splurge. It's bug bane and a very dark version of it. The label said that the color of the foliage stays true the entire summer. It doesn't fade. This little plant was $35 which would make me ordinarily pass it up but since it was for my birthday I figured "why not??" I planted it right between two goats beard plants so I think the contrast will be great when they are all full size.

No comments: